Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Italy-My last trip...for now.

I just spent 7 wonderful days in Italy..and I think to say that I am exhausted would be an understatment. We got back at 5:30 this morning and I had class at 9.We left right after class on Wednesay and flew into Rome. In Rome, I got to see the Colleseum, the Vatican, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, and the Trevi Fountain. I really enjoyed seeing all the main sights in Rome, but overall I have to agree with those who think that Rome is a big, dirty city. I am still really glad that I went, but I just don't know if it would be a place that I would want to come back to. Our hostel that we stayed at in Rome was very, very tiny. It was kind of funny having to wait in line to take a shower because you had to wait for the one bathroom to free up. The last night we were there, one of the guys that worked at the hostel made everyone in the hostel a free dinner, and we all sat around and ate and talked. I thought this was really cool, and I liked getting to meet different people from all over the world.
On Saturday morning we took a train to Florence. When we go there, the weather was BEAUTIFUL! All of us girls wore our dresses or skirts that we had brought, and we all wore flip flops. Florence was really pretty. There were famous landmarks there, but I liked how it was slow pace. We didn't feel rushed to go see a lot of stuff and had the time to just walk around and relax. Some of our other friends were staying in a different hostel with a pool, so we went over there to hang out and swim. I was sitting down next to the pool, with my feet in, and when I sat up, I hit my head REALLY hard against a ledge that I did not know was above me. Long story short, I think I suffered from some type of minor concussion because I started to act very strange. I did not realize how strange i acted until i woke up the next morning and I could think more clearly. They said that I looked kind of dazed and loopy, like I wasn't really all there. I kept walking off the the side, and I just remember feeling like my brain was "foggy" and I had a hard time focusing. Please don't be worried as you are reading this, I am completley fine now, It just was such a strange feeling and I am glad that it went away after one night.
We took a train to Venice on monday morning, and from the start it was rainy day. I was the only one who had actually brought an umbrella, and everyone else ended up buying one. Venice was beautiful!!! Even though it was raining, I think this was my favorite place out of the three. It even cleared up after a little bit the first day that we were there..and we went on a gondola ride!! It was pricey, but it was definetley worth it because we all wanted to do it and now we can say what we've been on a gondola in Venice, Italy. Basically we just did a bunch of walking around in Venice, got lost a couple of times, and fed the pigeons a lot. In San Marco's Square, there are pigeons EVERYWHERE and for some crazy reason everyone buys food that the pigeons will come and get all over you to eat it. I tried not to think about how grossed out I am by pigeons while they were all over me, and it was a lot of fun.
So, I think that I made a great choice for my last trip. I had geloto at least once a day, felt the sun for what feels like a long time, and really enjoyed all the great sights I got to see. I officially leave England 2 weeks from today. It feels so unreal. I can not belive it's already time for me to go back. I am going to do everything I can to soak up every moment of all the time I have left here.
I can't wait to see everyone, and I really hope and pray that you all are doing alright.

Cheers!!

















No comments: